Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 Quarts organic chicken broth or homemade chicken bone marrow broth!
- 1 can organic coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 3 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 3 Carrots (cubed into small pieces)
- 1/3 Butternut squash (de-seeded, skinned and cubed) !
- 1/2 Whole cauliflower (cubed into small pieces)
- 1 to 2 Chicken breasts (shredded or cubed)
- 3 to 4 Limes
- 1 bunch Green onions
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt (or to taste)
Heat the oil over medium heat. Saute onions and carrots for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder, juice of one lime and sea salt. Bring to a boil, add butternut squash and cauliflower. Simmer for 30 minutes, add chicken and cook another 30 minutes. Serve in a bowl over cooked balsamic rice with chopped cilantro, chopped green onions and fresh squeezed lime juice. Enjoy!
- 25 minutes
- 1 cup Balsamic rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon oil (Ghee, Butter or Coconut oil)
- 1 bay leaf
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer. Put the water, salt, Ghee and bay leaf in a pan. Bring to a boil. Add the rice and cover the pan tightly with a lid. Bring to a second boil. Turn down to low and cook 20 to 30 minutes. If you donʼt have a pan with a tight fitting lid, you can wrap the lid with a towel and then cover the pan. The towel will block the steam from coming escaping. This method creates a rice cooker effect.